You may renew eligible materials in person, by telephone, or online. Not all
materials are eligible for renewal. Some
Renewing Online and Viewing Your Checkouts
Doing your own renewals is a contract between you and the Jefferson County
Library Cooperative's Libraries that you accept a new level of responsibility
for material you have checked out.
If you renew item(s), you are confirming that you still have each item.
Therefore, before renewing, you are responsible for:
- Carefully matching material (on the next screens) that you plan to renew
against library material in your possession.
- Immediately reporting any discrepancy to the library from which the
material was checked out.
If you are using AOL, CompuServ, or
WebTV, or an older
version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, you may have trouble renewing
To renew online, go to
- Click in the box labeled "Your Name:"
- Type in your name
- Click in the box labeled "Type in your barcode number:"
- Type in the number on your library card under the
- Click on the button that says "Submit"
- Your name, address, and telephone number will appear. If
you have any items checked out, a button that says "X items currently checked
out" will be visible on the screen
- Click on this button
- Your record of currently checked out items will appear
- To renew all items: click on the button that says "Renew
- To renew some items: click in the box beside the item
you wish to renew then click on the button that says "Renew selected items"
- After clicking "renew," you must examine the STATUS
column for each book to determine IF it has actually been renewed.
- If it has been renewed, note the new due date for your
- If it did not renew (limitations), return the material
- NOTE: Even if you do not notice that an item did not
renew, you are responsible for any overdue fines.
Renewing in Person
To renew in person, go to any public library in Jefferson County
Renewing by Telephone - The Jefferson County Renewals Line
To renew by telephone, call The Jefferson County Renewals Line. You may use
the renewals line to renew materials checked out from any library in the
Jefferson County Library Cooperative. The Jefferson County Library Renewals Line
is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- To renew by telephone, call the Jefferson County Renewals Line at (205)
- Have your Library Card Number ready. You may not renew materials without
your Library Card Number.
From the Renewals Line you can also find out the titles you have checked out,
the titles of overdue materials, titles that you have on hold, and a list of
your outstanding charges.
Some materials are not eligible for renewal. You may not renew items:
- if you do not have your card number
- if you have material that is long overdue
- if the item has been reserved by another patron
- if it is less than 7 days since you first checked out
- if the item is a video or popular book that the home
library has designated as no renewal
- if the material has already been renewed once
Your Responsibilities Regarding Renewals
When you received your library card to use Jefferson County Library
Cooperative Libraries, we explained your responsibilities. A current copy